Gas Distribution Service Station @ 31st Just West Of Halsted

Gas Distribution Station, 31st Just West Of Halsted, Dismantled 1936

This one is for Steve Badauskas of Bernice’s Tavern on Halsted.  This is a gas storage tank on 31st St at the gas distribution site that was originally on the site of the CHA Bridgeport Homes. This station was dismantled in 1936. The Bridgeport Homes were begun in the early 1940s, to provide housing for the service men & women when they returned from WWII.  These large tanks were scattered around the neighborhood.  We found a photo of one at Loomis and Lock and on 32nd and Green, too.    Any details, please add them.